Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole - Low Carb
This chicken cordon Bleu Casserole will knock off your socks. It's so much easier than a traditional rolled and breaded cordon bleu and has even more flavor. With chicken, ham and Swiss in a creamy dijon sauce, don't miss the bread a bit. Since you do not coat or fill the chicken, it is quick and easy. This is pure comfort food and a simple main course dinner. This simple recipe is Low Carb, Keto, Gluten-free, Grain-Free, Sugar-Free and Trim Healthy Mama Friendly.
A healthy version of Chicken Cordon Bleu with layers of chicken, ham and Swiss cheese in a creamy dijon sauce.
Pressure Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
Preparation time:15 minutes
Cooking time:30 minutes
Total time:45 minutes
Course: Main course
• 6 cups shredded cooked chicken (of about 2 lb chicken)6 cups shredded cooked chicken (of about 2 lb chicken)
• 6 Oz Ham Cut into Bite Size Pieces6 oz Ham into Bite Size Pieces
• 4 un butter melted4 oz butter melted
• 6 oz cream cheese softened6 oz cream cheese soft
• 1 tbsp Dijon mustard1 tbsp Dijon mustard
• 1 tbsp white wine (optional)1 tbsp white wine (optional)
• 1 oz lemon juice1 oz lemon juice
• 1/2 tsp salt1 tsp salt
• 5 oz Swiss Cheese5 oz Swiss Cheese
U.S. Common - Metric
1. Preheat the oven to 350. Put the chicken in the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish. Layer the ham pieces over it.
2. In a large bowl with an electric blender, combine the melted butter, soft softened cream cheese, white wine (if used), mustard, lemon juice and salt. Mix until a thick sauce forms. Spread this sauce over the chicken and ham in the baking dish.
3. Place the slices of Swiss cheese on the sauce. Bake for 30-40 minutes until hot.
4. I hatched it for 2 minutes at the end to make the cheese more golden and bubbly. If you choose to do so, don't leave it unattended. It's very easy to burn the cheese topping.
Be sure to check the video of this recipe directly from the recipe card!
• When you have opened a bottle of dry white wine, it adds a nice taste. But I wouldn't open a new bottle just for this recipe. Unless you plan to have a glass while you cook.
• If your shredded chicken is on the dry side, you can double the amount of sauce or add it in 1/4 cup chicken broth and mix the sauce into the shredded chicken before adding the toppings.
• You can use chicken fillet instead of shredded chicken. Cook, drain the cooking liquid and then continue with the rest of the recipe.
Calories: 452 | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 34g | Saturated Fatty Acids: 17g | Cholesterol: 164mg | Sodium: 916mg | Potassium: 348mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 820IU | Vitamin C: 1.4mg | Calcium: 179mg | Iron: 0.8mg
this article is adapted from here