SAUSAGE AND SPINACH CRUSTLESS QUICHE
Sausage and Spinach Crustless Quiche is a simple low carb (keto) breakfast or brunch recipe loaded with sausage, cheese and spinach.
Ok, this sausage and spinach crustless quiche is one of my new favorite low carb recipes. I made my low carb ham and cheese Crustless Quiche for a working breakfast a few weeks ago and it was a big hit, so when the weekend came around me I decided to try a few different variations.
This low-carb quiche is packed with fluffy eggs, a creamy mix of sauce and cream cheese, spinach and a little more cheese because you can never really have too much cheese. The result is the perfect keto breakfast, lunch or dinner!
• 1 pound ground breakfast sausage
• 8 ounces cream cheese, diced
• 6 eggs
• 1 cup heavy cream
• 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
• 5 ounces fresh baby spinach
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a frying pan over a medium heat, brown the ground breakfast sausage until it is almost cooked through. Drain excess fat and return to the pan.
3. Add the cream cheese and stir together with the sausage cook until the sausage is ready to cook and the cream cheese has completely melted.
4. Put baby spinach in a microwave-safe bowl and add 2 tablespoons of water. Microwave for 2-3 minutes, until spinach is lightly steamed and tender.
5. In a bowl, add eggs and 1 cup of heavy cream. Whisk together.
6. Spoon the sausage-cream-cheese mixture into a greased 11x7 inch tray.
7. Add spinach to the sausage and sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese over everything.
8. Pour the egg mixture over the sausage and spinach and use a spoon to move things, just a large one to get the eggs into the mixture.
9. Place in the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes or until you can shake the pan and do not shake the quiche in the middle.
10. Allow to cool for about 5 minutes before cutting and serving.
Calories: 429kcal, Carbohydrates: 2g, Protein: 18g, Fat: 38g, Saturated Fat: 19g, Cholesterol: 212mg, Sodium: 559mg, Potassium: 299mg, Sugar: 1g, Vitamin a: 2385iu, Vitamin c: 4.5mg, Calcium: 234mg, Iron: 1.6mg
This article is adapted from here