Taco stuffed peppers (keto stuffed peppers)
Taco Stuffed Peppers, are an easy-to-make Mexican recipe that everyone will love. Ground beef, salsa, sour cream and melted cheese come together in a perfect healthy portion that tastes delicious! This recipe is keto, low carb and gluten-free!
| Easy Stuffed Paprika Mexican Style
Quick and simple stuffed peppers filled with your favorite taco ingredients are the way to go! Just make your filling mixture and spoon into pre-cooked peppers. Bake until hot and bubbly - this will be in and out of your oven in no time. A simple Mexican-style dinner!
Yield: 8 SERVINGS
Preparation time: 8 MINUTES
Cooking time: 35 MINUTES
Total time: 43 MINUTES
• 4 medium green peppers, halved
• 1.5 lb minced meat, browned
• 1 package taco spice mix, or looking for well eats homemade taco spice recipe
• 3/4 cup water
• 1-1/2 cup cheddar cheese
• 1 cup sour cream
• 1/2 cup salsa
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Wash the peppers and then halve lengthways through the middle and remove seeds. Place in a cupper tin with 1/4 cups of water. Cover and microwave for 7 to 10 minutes, or until peppers are soft. Check regularly for work done.
2. In the meantime, brown the minced meat until cooked through. Add the taco spice and water and cook according to recipe or pack instructions. After the meat is cooked, mix in sour cream, salsa and 1 cup of cheddar cheese.
3. Spray a 13 x 9 baking dish with non-stick spray. Put boiled peppers in your mouth and generously fill with meat and cheese mixture. Top with residual cheese. Bake for 350°F for 20-30 minutes until the peppers are heated and the cheese has melted. Serve with your favorite taco ingredients and a side of salsa. Enjoy!
Tip: Start checking the doneness of your peppers after 5 or 6 minutes. Cooking times may vary with different sizes of peppers and microwave watts. Paprika are slightly "shrunk", but tender. It's okay because you're going to stuff them with boiled ingredients and this will reduce the oven cooking time.
Taco stuffed peppers
SERVING SIZE: 1/2 pepper with filling
Amount per serving: CALORIES: 219TOTAL FAT: 15.5gCHOLESTEROL: 39mgSODIUM: 316mgCARBOHYDRATES: 7.6gNET CARBOHYDRATES: 5.9gFIBER: 1.7gSUGAR: 2gPROTEIN: 12g