The best French toast
This is the best classic French toast recipe and it's so easy to make. This classic breakfast recipe offers sweet, egg-soaked brioche bread, simply cooked in a pan and served with your favorite toppings. Brioche is simply the best bread for the softest, tastiest French toast and after testing three different types of bread we will prove it. You will also read about the breads we tested and which bread can best be used for French toast.
|The best French toast|
This classic breakfast recipe offers sweet, egg-soaked brioche bread, simply cooked in a pan and served with your favorite toppings.
Keyword: brioche, French toast
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
• 8 ounces (8 slices) brioche bread
• 4 large eggs
• 3 tbsp heavy whipped cream
• 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
• 1 tbsp brown sugar
• Pinch of salt
• Shot of cinnamon* optional*
U.S. Common - Metric
1. Note: This egg mixture should conveniently strike 8 slices of brioche bread, which are between 1/2 and 1 inch thick. It will beat 10-12 slices of French baguette or about 6 slices of Challah.
2. Slice the bread and set aside.
3. In a deep and wide bowl, combine eggs, heavy whipped cream, vanilla extract, sugar and salt. Whisk to smooth. Aside.
4. Preheat a large cooking pot oven medium to medium low heat. Add a few tablespoons of rapeseed oil and spread evenly.
5. Dip each slice of bread into the egg mixture and the edges. Brioche bread is beautiful and fast to suck the egg. (Beat only as many slices as fit in the pan. If you need to cook in two or more batches, beat bread right before adding it to the pan.)
6. Put the beaten slices in the pan and cook on each side for 3-4 minutes until golden brown. (Repeat the remaining slices of bread if necessary.)
7. Serve with your favorite topping.
All pictures and texts ©Lyubov Brooke for ©Will Cook For Smiles. Please do not use my pictures without prior permission. If you use my posts in collections and features, please link back to this post for the recipe. Disclaimer: The nutritional information displayed is not guaranteed to be 100% accurate, as most ingredients and brands have a slight variation.
Calories: 359kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fatty Acids: 11g | Cholesterol: 276mg | Sodium: 326mg | Potassium: 60mg | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 890IU | Calcium: 64mg | Iron: 1.3mg
this article is adapted from here