THE BEST LOW-CARB VENISON RECIPE
I was looking for ways to prepare our ground wild burger. My husband loves hunting and the start of the season is less than a month away.
I admit that the thought of eating Reier really repelled me before I met my husband. I enjoy watching the wildlife and it was hard for me to eat first
Low carb stuffed peppers
Author: Lisa MarcAurele
A pepper filled with a meaty filling. You make a delicious keto friendly meal. It can even be made before and frozen for a simple meal at any time.
Preparation time 15 min.
Cooking time 30 min.
Total time 40 min.
Course: Main course
Servings 6 People
• 6 medium green peppers washed and sown
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 3 cloves of garlic chopped
• 1 pound minced meat
• 14.5 ouncedic tomatoes
• 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
• 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
• 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
• 3/4 cup marinara sauce divided
• 3 slices of Colby Jack cheese chopped
• 3 slices of mozzarella cheese chopped
1. Cut off tops. Hollow out inside and discard seeds. Chop half of the tops and set aside.
2. In the pan, saute garlic in olive oil until fragrant. Add green peppers chopped from the tops. Cook for about five minutes.
3. In ground beef, add and cook until browned.
4. Mix in diced tomatoes, Italian seasoning, sea salt and onion powder. Cook for another five minutes.
5. Add the beef mixture to each hollowed-out green pepper. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon each marinara sauce with 1 tablespoon of marin sauce, then sprinkle with the chopped cheese.
6. Combine the remaining marinara sauce with the liquid that remains in the pan to cook the beef mixture. Pour into an 11-7 baking dish. Place stuffed peppers on top.
7. Bake at 375°F degrees for about 20 minutes.
If you want softer peppers, it is best to cook or blanch the peppers before filling and baking. About 10 minutes in boiling water is recommended. Otherwise, they will probably be a bit crispy.
You can also make this recipe in a slow stove. Simply cook the meat-filled peppers without cheese in the pot for 4-5 hours on low. The cheese can be added at the end until melted, about 10 minutes more
this article is adapted from here