This easy lasagna made with layers of lasagna noodles, hearty meat sauce, creamy ricotta, and mozzarella cheese baked to hot, gooey deliciousness. This no-fail homemade lasagna constantly wins rave critiques!
What Makes this Easy Lasagna Recipe So Good?
Seriously, it’s all about the sauce. It’s hearty and meaty with heaps of tomato flavor and the proper amount of herbs. And it's so flavorful due to the fact it's miles made with both beef and sausage.
Then whilst it is layered with noodles and 3 varieties of cheese, it all comes collectively into the correct chunk of warm, cheesy, meaty, saucy deliciousness.
- Sweet Italian turkey or pork sausage (I usually use turkey sausage)
- Ground beef
- Canned overwhelmed tomatoes
- Tomato paste
- Canned tomato sauce
- Salt & Pepper
- Italian seasoning
- Dried basil leaves
- Fennel seeds
- Lasagna noodles
- Fresh parsley
- Egg (It additionally, adds protein).
- Ricotta cheese
- Mozzarella cheese
- Grated Parmesan cheese
How to Make Lasagna?
- Combine sausage, floor red meat, onion, and garlic in a massive pot over medium warmth.
- Stir and cook until cooked through and browned.
- Add the remaining sauce ingredients.
- Bring to a simmer, reduce heat, and let it cook for at least 1 1/2 hours. (If you are using regular lasagna noodles, while boiling cook the pasta according to package directions until al dente.
- Make the ricotta mixture and shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Layer sauce, noodles, ricotta cheese mixture, mozzarella, and Parmesan cheese. Keep reading for the details about how to layer lasagna.
- Cover with foil and bake at 375°F.
- Let cool slightly before serving
Layering the Lasagna
- Layer sauce on the lowest of the pan.
- Top with noodles.
- Top with ricotta cheese aggregate.
- Sprinkle on mozzarella cheese.
- Sprinkle on Parmesan cheese.
- Add more sauce.
- Repeat layers starting with every other layer of noodles.
- Spread at the rest of the ricotta.
- Sprinkle on greater mozzarella.
- Add extra Parmesan
- Layer on more sauce.
- A final top layer of noodles, sauce, and the rest of the Parmesan and Mozzarella cheese.
How Many Layers Should Lasagna Have?
You want as a minimum 2 layers to make a right homemade lasagna. You can clearly have greater however 2 is the minimum. In the photographs above I have made this lasagna with 3 layers.
1 pound sweet Italian turkey sausage
2 cloves garlic, crushed
3/4 pound lean ground beef
1/2 cup onion, minced
1/2 cup water
28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
two 6 ounce cans tomato paste
two 6.5 ounce cans canned tomato sauce (or one 15 oz. can)
2 Tablespoons sugar (optional)
1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds (optional)
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
2 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
4 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, divided
12 lasagna noodles, regular or no cook. I usually use no cook noodles.
1/2 teaspoon salt
16 ounces ricotta cheese
3/4 pound mozzarella cheese, shredded
3/4 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- In a huge Dutch oven, cook dinner sausage, floor beef, onion, and garlic over medium warmth till cooked via and browned.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce, and water, and stir the whole lot together.
- Add sugar, basil, fennel seeds (if the use of), Italian seasoning, 2 teaspoons salt, pepper, and a pair of Tablespoons parsley, and stir to mix.
- Simmer, covered, for at the least 1½ hours, stirring on occasion. I usually try and simmer for so long as possible.
- If the use of regular lasagna noodles, cook in keeping with package instructions and drain.
- In a bowl, stir collectively ricotta cheese, egg, closing parsley, and ½ teaspoon salt.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- To layer the lasagna, spread 1½ cups of the sauce in the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish. Arrange one layer of noodles over meat sauce. Spread with one half of of the ricotta cheese aggregate. Top with a 3rd of mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with ¼ cup Parmesan cheese.
- Spoon every other 1½ cups meat sauce over the cheese.
- Add some other layer of noodles, the rest of the ricotta mixture, half of the remaining mozzarella, and every other 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Add another layer of 1 half cups of sauce and a very last layer of noodles.
- Top with every other 1 1/2 cups sauce and the remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake in preheated oven for 25 mins.
- Remove foil, and bake an extra 25 mins.
- Cool for 15 mins earlier than serving.
- I use turkey sausage in preference to Italian sausage made with beef.
- I additionally upload a touch less salt and sugar within the pasta sauce.
- I use no-boil noodles. They make the layering less difficult, and take in some of the extra moisture, growing first-rate slices.
- Make the sauce a day or earlier than, in particular an afternoon in which you've got time to simply permit it simmer for as long as possible. Then give it time for the flavors to mixture together and increase in the fridge overnight. This also saves time the day you propose to assemble, bake, and serve the lasagna.