Creamy Shells Pasta is a hearty pasta dish this is best for a quick dinner for the entire family! It is rich, flavorful, and cheesy. You will adore it! 😉
The combination of marinara sauce and dairy makes it so delicious. And you get all kinds of savory flavors coming from the aromatics and the special herbs and seasonings. You have protein and carbs in one dish and that makes this hearty and filling. Serve it with a aspect of vegetables, and you get your self a entire lunch or dinner!
8 oz. Medium pasta shells
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pound floor pork
1 small sweet onion (diced)
5 cloves garlic (minced)
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 cup beef stock
1 (15oz can) marinara sauce
3/4 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup bitter cream
1 half of cups cheddar cheese (freshly grated)
Kosher salt and freshly floor black pepper (to taste)
- Cook pasta according to package instructions in a large saucepan of boiling salted water and drain well.
- Heat olive oil in medium high heat. Add ground beef and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, breaking it with a wooden spoon. Drain excess fat and set aside.
- To the same skillet, add diced onion, and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add garlic, and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Beat the flour until lightly browned, for about 1 minute.
- Gradually beat the beef stock and mix well. Add marinara sauce and stir in Italian seasoning, dried parsley, oregano, and paprika.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and let it boil, stirring occasionally, until it's reduced and slightly thickened, about 6-8 minutes.
- Stir in cooked pasta, add back beef.
- Stir in heavy cream, about 1-2 minutes. Taste and adjust for salt and pepper.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Stir in cheddar cheese until it's melted, about 1-2 minutes.
- Serve immediately, garnish with parsley if desired.